Thursday 12 March 2015

Study task 5- Writing and formatting correctly


I have decided to look at and read three dissertation's these are:

- What role does social media play in the future of brand communications? Bethany Yates
- How does the power of branding affect the way consumers value a product? Chris Lawson
- How does advertising code children into a way of thinking about certain brands from the day they become visually aware of their surroundings? Jamie Flear 


Things I have learnt, observed and noted about the dissertations 


- that i should take more time out to read books on design, maybe this will make my grammar and understanding of certain things better. Reading more design books will also improve my writing. 

- I need to start to think about my dissertation and what I would like to write it on, choosing a subject whether that be branding, editorial, advertising etc. I wrote my last essay on the movement of publishing and new media, maybe this is something I could look even further into.

- they are all very well referenced, even the images, Harvard referencing is something I need to improve on

- some have good use of primary research like Jamie Flears dissertation where he asks a primary school class what they wanted for Christmas as part of his branding dissertation. 

- the introductions gave me a very clear outline of what the rest of the dissertation is going to be about, very well planned and thought about. I will need to choose a subject that I have enough to write about with opinion and research. 

The dissertation's have been an interesting read and has made me realise just how much I need to improve my writing skills in general and ready for next year to write mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment