Friday 23 October 2015

COP Tutorial 1



For my COP tutorial I took with my research question, and a plan with chapters of my dissertation. 

My question is 'what effects has the digital era had on publication today?' I think now following my tutorial I am going to change the word 'effects' to 'impact' as I feel it is more relevant and makes more sense. 

What impact has the digital era had on publication today?

For my dissertation I would like to interview people in the creative industry that work within print/ publication to get their opinions on how it is changing. 

I got some names of some people I could potentially interview and get useful answers. These people include:

- Alec Dawson from interview mag 
- Andy Grey from colours may vary
- Ditto Press 
- DR. ME
- People of print 

I now need to think of some questions to send to these people to get a decent response, one thing that was suggested is that I should send them my actual title of my dissertation and then add some sub headings maybe for some more specific areas. 

In the discussion one thing that was spoke about was education in the digital era, nowadays how uni's and schools have online portals to send all information across such as tasks and reading but online. Also how in some uni's a lot of the time they are just emailing their tutor and not actually seeing anyone in person thanks to the digital era, discussing whether this is a positive or a negative. I think this is something I could mention and make further research into for my dissertation. 


For my next tutorial 

• updated version of proposal form 
• narrowed down plan
• interview questions and sent off for primary research
• more thought into practical 
• further research and reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment