Thursday 1 May 2014

Visual Response- My Final Adverts

Here is the inspiration of all of the adverts I have made using my own photos, I really enjoyed this process, I used photoshop to make all of the adverts. I was really inspired by the American Apparel advertising archive the brand has changed quite a bit advertising wise in the past few years. 

I find this advert quite funny, it took me a while to work out whether it was a real dog or a fluffy animal, this advert was made to promote American Apparels dog range as they sell a range of hoodies for dogs and other clothes. 

I replicated this advert in easter using my dog, a scuffy bichon frise, the original advert is quite clean cut where as my dog is a bit of a scruff bag and hates being brushed. 

These two adverts are of the founders of American Apparels Dad. I like them how different they are but they still advertise the brand well, I partially like the vintage feel of them. 
I replicated this advert with my dad, this is just a quick portrait I took of him, I have have added in the details of the advert the same. 
I found this advert partially strange, I just don't see the point in it, they are definitely going down the route of 'sex sells' with this advert. 

I took the mik a bit with this advert, I used my flat mate pulling stupid faces with lipstick on here teeth, instead of sexual poses. I only replaced a few of the photos in the advert, as I wanted to show the contrast of the before and after. 

I felt that the image in this is particularly poor, I don't think it makes the model look good or promote the clothing well. 

Here is my adaptation of that advert. I used my friend Holly pulling faces, I got her to pull faces as all of American Apparel adverts seem quite sexual and I wanted to contrast that. 


This advert again I don't think that the model looks that attractive in it, American Apparel get put down by the fact that they don't air brush their models, but in this advert I think its just bad photography and angle. 


Here is my adaptation in the style of that advert using my fiend Hollie, the clothes that she's wearing is actually american apparel. I added in the small details of the advert on the side with the captions saying  'meet hollie'.  


Here is a standard American Apparel advert, I think if this advert had no use of Helvetica then this advert would make no sense. 


This is my adaptation of their advert, I used my friend Ryan in this, in non of these photos have I airbrushed just like American Apparel. 


I particularly liked these two adverts as they use backgrounds which are in peoples homes. I like how they haven't used one main photo and they have put a selection in I think that works well. Personally I think the poses in these adverts are a bit overdone and not natural, which is the look that American Apparel thrive on. 

As American Apparel in the above adverts put there models in such strange positions I did this myself with my friend Anne and a sofa. This was really fun to make and I couldn't decide between a lot of the photos that I had taken which ones to put on the advert. 


Many of American Apparel adverts use a girl and a bed as they go down the 'sex sells' route with their advertising. I partially like the captions that they use on their adverts they are quite tongue and cheek. 


This is the advert I have created from gaining inspiration from the other bed ones, this again is my friend Anne, I wanted to make the advert humorous. 

Overall I have really enjoyed making these adverts, it has been fun doing the photo shoots and editing them in, it has made me realise just how well American Apparel advertise even if they do it in a strange way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment