Thursday 27 March 2014

Breif 4- Speaking from Experience Ideas and Research



Here is a mind map of ideas so far for this brief, there is a lot that I can look into because moving to uni was such a huge step. Some of the things are more course specific than others like blogging and crits, they were two things that I struggled with at the start, organising my time to blog and crits as I was very nervous speaking in front of people. Other things such as food shopping and finding way around are more general and can be related to all students.

Idea 1-
Organisation
My first idea is to make a fold out calendar of the year that is specific to the graphic design student with things such as the anatomy of type, when deadlines are, and reminders for them to keep blogging. I think it would look better as a banner that went round the room rather than a standard poster. I would do this as I found that organisation and time management is a massive thing since moving to uni. 




Here is a festival guide made by Nobrow that I found I really like this and personally I would stick it on my wall, I like how there is a cover round it. I could design it so you fold it out and can stick it on your wall or you could have it as a book as well. 




Idea 2- 
Shopping 
I found it difficult when starting university knowing where to get food from and where is cheapest. I could make a chart on the basics where to find them cheapest and how much, I could also make info graphics and pie charts. This could also include the quickest ways to get to the shops and the opening times. 

Idea 3-
Hangover Cures 
When being a fresher you tend you drink a lot, I think a book on helpful tips on how to cure a hangover would be useful. This would be a pocket sized book including recipes of food and drink that could help you when you are feeling hungover and how to wake yourself up to be productive the next day. 


Here is a screen shot from a BBC website including many recipes to help cure a hangover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment