Tuesday 11 March 2014

Brief 3- Screen Print (Poster) Research

Olly Moss 



Here is a couple of Olly Moss' movie posters that focus on silhouettes of the characters and using bold colours. What I like about these posters is that even if you took away the type I think people would still get what film it is about. 


This is another movie poster by Olly Moss I really like the use of the colour purple, and how simple the imagery is, it works well, also the type is kept with the Alice theme. 




Metropolis Poster

Heinz Schulz-Neudamm


The worlds most valuable movie poster, the Metropolis, personally I don't like it at all but it does make me want to watch the film to see what its about. 


Pixar Minimal Movie Posters




What I love about these is that by the use of one simple colour and a vector image you immediately know what the film is. 

Saul Bass


This is a classic example of one of Saul Bass' posters, a two coloured screen print, my favourite part of this poster is the typography, again the imagery is so simple. 


The use of half tone dots in the type makes this poster really unique, the yellow grabs your attention and the black stands out best on this. 

Alternative Movie Posters 

Here are some posters that I like from the alternative movie poster website, the simpleness and the flat imagery makes them stand out, my favourite is the Wizard of Oz one as it looks like it has been done with charcoal by hand, also the wolf of wall street relates to the film very.













No comments:

Post a Comment