Monday 20 April 2015

COP Crit

Today I had a crit on my COP ideas so far and got some really useful feedback 

I explained both of my ideas 


One of my main points I had in my essay is the fact that I think that eventually we are going to have no need for newspapers as all news is going to be purely digital. So one idea that I had was to make a newspaper for newspapers.

The primary research I did revealed that everyone I asked had a smart phone and over half the people I had 3-5+ social media apps on their phone. So I thought I could make a campaign displaying how much time you waste on social media and show how become obsessed with social media and create their 'ideal self'. 


How print and web complement each other

From the crit I got a lot of feedback on how I could base my project on how new media and print complement each other. For example how there is 'It's nice that' and 'Printed pages' the same makers with a print and web version with slightly different content but they are both just as popular. 

It's nice that is popular because it is an online blog showcasing arts work and thats new and printed pages is also popular as a printed publication as it is something that can be collected and read leisurely and has a completely different feel to an online website. 

It's nice that


Printed pages 


I think this is a much better idea showing how print and web complement each other as they give the user a completely different feel. 

So my idea now has completely changed, I am now going to look at Behance as an online example that can be turned into a print publication 

What is Behance?

Behance is the leading free online platform to showcase & discover creative work. As a member, you can create a portfolio of your work and broadcast it widely and efficiently. Companies explore the work and access talent on a global scale. 


Behance currently don't have a publication showing peoples work, I feel as if the publication could be quite interesting showing the featured and best work of the week/ month. The publication would be an on going thing with various different issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment