Wednesday 29 April 2015

COP Practical- Layout and Grid

To start my publication I have been looking at grid system books to help me with the layout of my content. 




They have been partically useful to look at as they show the structure of many magazine layouts, how simple it can look on the page but how it can have such a complex grid behind it. 


Here are some of my own sketches of layouts for ideas for my publication. In my publication I will be displaying peoples work in a formal way but I don't want every layout to be the same, some variation of layout will be needed to make the publication more interesting. I would like the publication to be image based with minimal text on most pages. 

Size/format

I have been thinking about having my publication as a newspaper, but flicking through newspapers I think the size is going to be far too big to display peoples work, and there would be too much going on on each page. 

After asking peoples opinions about displaying their work I have decided to make a newspaper style A4 publication, that will be printed on a thin paper, being smaller it could be distributed easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment