Friday 17 April 2015

COP Practical Ideas and thoughts

There is so much I could do with this COP practical as my essay is quite broad so I have tried to focus my ideas down. 




My two main ideas at this point are 

IDEA 1

a newspaper/magazine with news stories articles about social media how the younger generation is becoming obsessed. From my primary research from my essay everyone had a smart phone, and most people had 3-5+ social media apps on their phone. The magazine could include articles of how people become obsessed, how people try and create their 'ideal self' online and some shocking facts of how much time we actually waste on social media. the magazine/newspaper could be called 'obsessed' or 'reality'. 

Target audience: the target audience of this idea would be the younger generation 

Purpose: to shock the audience and to inform them how much time they waste on their smartphone/ social media

IDEA 2

newspapers are eventually going to die with the rise of the smart phones and people having more access to the internet to view the news for free rather than paying for it via a newspaper. I could create a newspaper of newspapers. Displaying the beauty of the design of a news paper and showing that having something printed rather than digital has a much better feel to it. Within the newspaper I could look into the best of newspaper designs and contemporary designs, focusing on the type, layout and grid within a newspaper that you aren't going to view digitally. I could look into making a collection of newspapers each one focusing on type, layout or grid. 

Target audience: this idea would have a niche audience of designers who are interested in editoral design

Purpose: to show how good the design of a newspaper is something that not everyone would appreciate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment