Thursday 14 May 2015

COP Practical- Colour, Name and Type

Colour







I have looked into various different colour palates for this publication, I don't want to use too much colour as it will take the focus away from the imaged based publication. I would like to use 2-3 main bold colours that tie in with behance's blue well. 


The colours I am going to use: 



For my publication I need a colour palete for the type and some block coloured pages so it all fits together nicely. I am going to go for pink, red, blue, white and black, these are clashing colours and colours I wouldn't normally go for but as Behance's logo is blue I have gone for two clashing colours so the publication will stand out. 



Name: Enhance

As the name of the publication I am going to call it 'Enhance' to enhance Behnace by it being a printed version, showing how web and print can complement each other, not compete. 


Type




For the publication I will need a type for the front, headers (peoples names) and a body copy. I initially had no idea what sort of type I would like for the magazine but as I have been looking at type and asking peoples opinions I think I am going to use a brush textured font for the front and for the inside the headings and the body copy I am going to go for something a bit more modern. I am going to use 'Waterlily' for the front and title of the publication and inside 'Edmondsans' for the headers and body copy, as it is a clear modern looking font. 
I think 'Waterlily' will work well throughout the publication as it has a hand painted feel to it and 'Edmondsans' comes in two different weights allowing me to use it for subtitles and body copy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment