Sunday 3 January 2016

COP Practical- Front cover research and development

Research 

After designing the inside of the publication I had no idea what I wanted the front cover to look like. I wanted it to look like Instagram through the use of colour, I don't think it is necessary having the Instagram logo on the front page as the second page has the logo foiled. Below are just few images I have looked at for inspiration, at first I was thinking of having a gradient coloured front cover that I would screen print much like the screen printing displayed inside the publication. However after experimenting with letterpress, I decided to letterpress as it is one of the oldest printing techniques and the variety of decorative type will make the publication stand out.  











Development

I am going to experiment with letter pressing on blue paper with white ink, if this doesn't work out or show up clear enough I will letterpress blue on white. To add to the front of the publication there will be a folded spine (design above) this will be in a pink card to complement the blue and white and the rest of the publication design. 



Front cover colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment