Wednesday 6 January 2016

COP Practical- White front cover

After having a lot of problems with letter pressing white onto blue I had enough time to print some more front covers and print blue ink on white stock. This worked a lot better and the type is a lot clearer, the blue and white still complement the pink spine. 




The first blue ink I mixed was too dark for the publication, I added white for a brighter blue


The movement and miss print of the type was a common issue 


Getting the pressure of the press right was also essential as too much pressure made the paper crack




Printing on a white stock sorted out my main issue of the 'issue 1 jan 16' being a lot clearer and readable. I have now learnt that if letter pressing smaller type it works better on a light stock with a darker ink.



No comments:

Post a Comment