Friday 10 January 2014

Breif 3: Waymarking Layout Crit

Todays crit has been useful, we laid our work out on the table and asked three questions that we felt we relevant, I asked:

  1. What do you think of the type?
  2. Do yout think the design is suitable for the way marking theme?
  3. Any suggestions? 
Here are a selection of comments that I got from the crit:

Q1) yes it is good, however im unsure whether they stand out enough
Q2) I think the layout is really strong and I like the geometric shapes, however I feel as if I am reading it the wrong way 
Q3) I like the way this is going Aimee, your initial page layouts are good, I like how you have incorporated the theme of way marking into the page designs. 

Q1) the font is too informal. The quote is a complaint and should be written in a more formal font
Q2&3) Yeah, although I think having a fairly thick red boarder would be better as it would associate with signs

Q1) The type does not work with what you are communicating, too informal and childlike, you need a cleaner type 
Q2) yes I like the layout and use of road signs shapes try and incorporate it in more subtle ways, maybe have type over the top and make it more abstract?
Q3) change/ experiment with the type and use road sign shapes more, create more engaging layouts

Q1) it doesn't really fit with road signs, the body font is fine tho
Q3) red boarders around the different elements

Q1) nice type! not really linked tho, would like to see road sign type being used
Q2) yes
Q3) more creative layouts with use of sign shapes

Q1) yes it is charming
Q2) yes, although I think there is too much text
Q3) the iconic signs are incredibly mimilistic, take that from them

Q1) think you should change the heading font as way marking fonts are more bold and structured
Q2) yes good colour theme, just header text
Q3) keep theme just more layout on each the spread

Q1) a more impact font would be good, but I like the font
Q3) change the header font, lose the oblique body text, this will symbol clarity and legibility like signs and there design

Q1) works well with the tone of voice and usage of quotes
Q2) I think so. I do like the layout however the opinions take up a lot of space
Q3) make a photo in black and white and then add red, maybe have more impact

This has been so useful! From this feedback I am now going to re- evaluate the designs and maybe add more shapes, but what I am definitely going to do is change the header font to something more structured to reflect signs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment