Wednesday 29 January 2014

Record Design Research

To gain some inspiration for this brief I headed down to jumbo records and urban outfitters to look at their record sleeves. I found some interesting ones, I took pictures of the ones I liked the look of.

 
This reminds me of the dada art movement, where people collect things and paste them down to create a collage, this could be a good approach to the brief. 


The black keys album artwork uses black and white and no colour, I like their use of photography and type, using two different fonts make the black keys stand out more. 




This is the front and back of a record sleeve for 'fort romeau' I've never heard of them I just liked their cover and the types because it is so minimal. The oil swirls are quite abstract and they stand out when all the records are on the shelf. 



I took a picture of these two as I loved the cartoony illustrations on them. I like how they just seem like doodles, I like the second one better as it is a repeated pattern and I like the colours used they complement each other well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment