Wednesday 8 January 2014

Brief3: Page Layout Research




I have started to look into some magazine, leaflet and book design for this project as I am unsure how to lay my 5 pages out. 
Above is a leaflet from font smith for the font 'FS Oliva' I really like the font, but what I also like is the way the type is layer out on the page, they haven't just put the a-z over the page, they have put the font in different scales and colours that go well together. I also like the columns of text above explaining the font, they are a nice touch. 



Here is a pizza express take away menu, I noticed the columns work well, and the colour coding in different areas for different types of food. I also like how the image at the bottom reflects the colours within the menu, this is cleaver. 




Here I have looked at the layout of the pages in a book 'a-z of visual ideas', I like this double spead that I have taken photos of as I think it has a good balance of text and image. The photos are well balanced on each page and reflect each other well, making the page seem appealing, there is a grid to this page. 




Here is another double page spread I like from a book called 'image makers image takers' what I particularly like about this double page spread is the boarder around the outside, it squares the pages off, what I found strange tho is the body copy on the right it is in three column but there are only two with body copy in. The quote on the left catches your eye first, and makes you want to read the body copy on the right. 






I went to the village book shop in the search for inspiration, but I didn't leave very inspired, the books weren't really what I was looking for in terms of layout, but I loved the content. The idea seemed to be less is more with these books, which work well as they are very simplistic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment