Tuesday 14 January 2014

Brief 4: Other ideas & Existing information


I want something to be interactive and I have found there is a lot of apps already on the market also there is a lot of books. When I took my theory over a year ago i found it difficult to learn from a book from just reading, as I need to do something for the information to go in. 




Here are some leaflet designs I have found off designspration, I find them interesting and I love the colours used, however for this brief as I need something quite factual I feel as if I need to keep thing simple. 





I noticed this while at work, it is the kids menu which is in an A3 form and a leaflet style with information on the inside and outside. It works well as a menu for kids, as inside it is interactive and with it you get a sheet of stickers for the inside activity part. I will design mine on A3 format divided into 4. 

The main focus is going to be the the highway code as the whole thing is going to be focused for new drivers or people that cant drive. 

Existing highway code books 


What immediately caught my eye with this design is the yellow background I feel as it is a suitable colour for the highway code as it is alerting and in your face just like signs themselves. 



Here are the designs on the books that I learnt my theory from, I found them dull and uninspiring, I don't like the design on the front, I feel as if it is too blue and there is too much going on, so much information crammed on the front. 





Here are some images of a vintage highway code that I like, they look like screen prints, I love the detail in the illustrations and it looks engaging. A normal persons age range to learn to drive is 17-18, I think these designs would suit the target audience, however I feel as if I would have enough  time in this project to draw all the illustrations and learn how to screen print as the project is only a week long. Again yellow is a strong colour used as it is bold, I will defiantly be using yellow within my design. 

Fonts 

I don't want to go for the obvious font of transport (the font used on signs) I want to go for something a bit different that will stand out a bit more and be more decretive 

Possible font choices 

A hand wittien font would make it more decretive 

 Transport font used on all signs in the United Kingdom 

Intro font, one with a simple inline could look quite decretive and bold on a yellow background. 



No comments:

Post a Comment