Wednesday 29 January 2014

Album artwork: Opinions

As music is such a varied thing and people have different tastes and thoughts I have decided to ask a few people what their favorite album artwork is and why. Hopefully this will open my eyes to different varieties of music and their artwork and not just my own. 




Amy- The Hives- Tarred and Feathered 

'I like this album artwork as it looks like a newspaper, it is different and catches my attention when my iPod is on suffle even tho not much colour is used' 

I have previously never seen or hear of this band, I think you an sometimes judge the music by the artwork. I like the newspaper effect its unique, I also like the range of typography used. 



Ellie- Miley Cyrus- Bangerz

'I love the colours and layers, like a collage effect, I like the lights how it's not just a plain name like most album it's original yet it's still pretty minimalistic and not too in your face I like it.'

Personally I don't like this album artwork as I don't like the gradient background, I think it makes it look cheap and like a powerpoint presentation. However I do like the way Miley stands out and how she has been cut out the background. 


Jordan- Crystal Castles- |||

'Crystal castles III album cover because it's monochrome but the meaning behind it is interesting coz it's a photographer Samuel Armand's and it's a woman holding her son after being tear gassed, it's suppose to show feminism a in Yemen woman are saw as being inferior to men aha' 

I find this album artwork strange, but I like how it has a meaning behind it that only the fans probably know. I like the white outline around the silhouette it gives it more definition. 




Tom- Kaiser Chiefs- Create your own album artwork 

I asked my friend Tom what his favorite album artwork is and he showed me the Kaiser Chiefs where you make your own album art work and choose the tracks of the Kaiser Chiefs. I like this idea as it makes it unique and more personal, also people share them on Facebook and other social networkings which then gets the band talked about, Youtubed and googled, people want to find out more. I think this is a great idea and will make the band bigger. 

Here is a link where is talks about it in more detail
http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2011/june/kaiser-chiefs-wieden-kennedy-london



Bethan- A different kind of fix by Bombay Bicycle Club

'It kind of looks like its all the thoughts in his head he's trying to express through his songs, deep. I like the colours they are chilled like the songs when i saw them at leeds fest the stage set had the artwork on and it looked sick.' 

I totally agree with this, and I love how there are two siloutes looking at each other this symoblises love and looks like they have a weird connection. 




No comments:

Post a Comment