Sunday 3 November 2013

Brief 4: Final Opinion on Story

I have many opinions on Facebook as a whole and I do genuinely believe that without Facebook us as a generation would be lost. It would be weird to imagine a life without it. I think this is sad and un- necessary. However I do think it is a useful thing to keep in touch with people all around the world, to be able to see photos, videos and share great memories with your friends. 

Researching into Facebook for this brief has been shocking. I've been amazed at the crazy statistists that Facebook has. It has been interesting reading other articles other than the one I have chosen about Facebook, as it seems to be a subject that is constantly in the news. It's been useful hearing other peoples opinions about it and other social network competitors. 

I have done various types of research for this brief, but the facts are what seem to interest me the most. It's actually so shocking how many people are on Facebook and how much it rules peoples lives. A statistic that shocked many people was that 48% of 18-34 year olds check Facebook when they wake up. I found this ridiculous, surely people should be checking the world news. 

From researching into Facebook I have the overall opinion that it is a complete waste of time and surely people should be something more useful than spending 15 hours a month on a social networking site. I don't think Facebook and other 'social' networking sites actually make you more social I think they just make you nosey, looking into other peoples business, who cares? 






No comments:

Post a Comment