Friday 29 November 2013

Brief 1: Crit


The crit was useful, we layer our ideas out on a table and wrote three questions that we wanted answering, mine were:
  1. Do you think I should brand it?
  2. Do you think I should use high impact type, or hand rendered? 
  3. What photography shall I use? 
Some of the comments I got back were:

  • very strong research I like the idea of experimental photography
  • hand drawn type fits with the personal feel
  • high impact type type would look nice however the hand drawn urban outfitters text that you have created is dreamy, work with that and manipulate it into various images
  • the scumpled up images work best
  • vintage photos, look into montages
  • really dislike the clean cut images of the couple, I think they torn up and creased images work best. I love the torn up one, use people having fun and messing round rather than buildings
  • as much as I like your hand rendered type I am struggling to imagine it over your images, experiment further
  • i think it is important to brand this, it will give you more of a direction
  • i like the idea of ripped images, maybe use sections of four different images, that when over layer they work as a whole photo
  • the disordered crumpled images are interesting and fun, this relates to the mood you want to go for and something you would want in your frame
  • i think you should subtle type as the photos are high impact enough
  • i think the photos or Prague are brilliant
  • definitely brand- so far it has aided your designs well and gives you a clear target market to aim for
  • i really love the hand drawn type (especially on the urban outfitters design thats a visual fucking treat!) I urge you to go with that
  • i love the crumpled up and torn idea very nice photo and very nice texture- but i just love the Prague photos, very nice texture
  • i think your ideas are illustrative as they are o hand rendered would compliment them
  • look at fashion photography and collage

The feedback was great, and really useful to see what people think so far and which has the highest impact. From reading this feedback I have already been thinking of how to solve this. The crumpled up photos defiantly had the highest impact and people loved the hand drawn type as it feels more personal. Also from this crit I have now decided to brand it for Urban Outfitters, even tho I think their backing photos work best as it is I feel as they need to incorporate photography because after all it is a photo frame. 



No comments:

Post a Comment