Monday 25 November 2013

Brief 1- Online Research- Photoshop Frame

Our brief is to re-design the backing paper of photo frames in shops, using both illustrator for vector based images and photoshop for any images, but the final result needs to be done in photoshop. I need three designs which work across three different frame sizes. I need to consider how to engage the buyer.  I need to consider what actually needs to be communicated to the buyer such as: 
  • the size of the frame
  • the weight of the frame
  • where is the frame from (what shop)
  • target audience
Maybe not all these things need to be communicated but the main thing I need to get across is the size of the frame. I have had a look online and here are some I find interesting and think they work well 


Here is one I found from Cath Kidson which isn't informative at all, however I do like how they have used the same pattern through out and blends well, it is a clean and simple design. 



These two are from Next, I think this fits the target audience well as I think more mature women would buy them to add family portraits. The colour is what I think works particularly well with these, the colour and the musk tones in the rose image reflects the frame nicely. Also, these frames are informative in a good way, telling the buyer the right amount of information. I like the fonts chosen, they are bold but not over powering. 





A couple of illustrative designs from Urban Outfitters, these designs suit the shop well as they are quite quirky, I also like how they are individual to the actual photo frame. 




Here are a selection from paperchase that I like the backing papers of. They all match the frame well, the top three have a hand written feel, this suits the frame well also the store, as their logo is handwritten. I have noticed that they haven't used any colour, I think this is a good thing as I think if they did use colour it would draw the attention away from the actual frame which the customer is buying. I really like the font used in the bottom one and the geometric pattern, it is subtle, clean and effective. 

Tomorrow I am going to do some primary research and go into stores take photos and evaluate the effectiveness of the backing papers. I have learnt so far is that the backing papers match the feel of the shop, I think this will be key when designing, as all shops have their own individual branding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment