Thursday 14 November 2013

Evaluation of the Module OUGD403

This first module has been an eye opener that I have certainly learnt from. At times I have found it testing and stressful, but I think that is a good thing and what I have enjoyed. 

I found the first task the hardest out of them all. Existence was a difficult word to word to work with, I found out a lot of information and realised how much there is to it. Researching into helvetica was interesting and I didn't realise how much helvetica was used in logo's ect, I was glad to have it as a starting point. If I was to do this brief again I would of experimented more with different types of materials. 

I learnt a lot in the second brief the illustrator brief as I have never used illustrator before, I downloaded it on my mac to get used to it. The workshops were particularly helpful, I learnt the basics so I can now develop my skills further. Creating the alphabet was easier to design on illustrator than I thought, it was just trying to get the right one from my ten letter forms to develop was a full alphabet. 

The third brief was good to manipulate someones personality into a typeface, I got Harry who was really into architecture, music and was quite laid back as a person. If I was to do this brief again I would of focused into one area of Harrys personality and made it a lot more subtle. 

Research is a huge part of Graphic Design, the forth brief was solely based on research on a newspaper article published on a certain day.  I chose a story based on Facebook, that they have lifted their sharing restrictions so people as young as 13 can now share around the world. After a week of researching into Facebook  I came to the conclution that it is a complete waste of time. 

The fifth brief was my favourite  we were designed high impact posters only using two colours and stock. This allowed us to be more creative. My posters worked alot better than I thought as I researched a lot. The poster that only used image was my favourite in the end but the hardest to think of ideas for, but I got a great idea from the crit. 

Overall I have loved learning about typography, I didn't realise there was so much to it, before I was interested in typography but now I feel that there is more to be learnt. Typography is such a big part of Graphics I feel that this module has been benifital manipulating so many letterforms. I learnt from this project that less is defiantly more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment