Wednesday 6 November 2013

Breif 2- Illustrator

For my final alphabet I am torn between two alphabet to develop and design, so I think I'm going to do them both on illustrator and see which I prefer digitally. 



Here are the two ideas I am going to push forward and develop on illustrator. I can't decide on which to use, I both think they have good concepts, I like like the texture of the leaf one but I'm not sure whether it just looks better pure and simple in black as it seems more defined and works well as a typeface.


This is how I started I moved the anchors on the letters and used the pen tool ect. to move the lines and create curves, I created outlines and went from there. 






Here is the typeface with the leaf scanning in, this was so hard to create, especially when you've never used illustrator before. I had a lot of problems creating this, I created it a very difficult way and made life hard for myself. However I have re-read the brief and found out that you can't actually use image, I could vectorise this but I don't really know illustrator that well, and I have messed it up enough as it is, so I have decided to leave it and focus on the pure black one as I feel it will work better as a typeface anyway as it is more clear. 

Here I have developed the black one, I think it works a lot better and I much prefer it as it is easier to read and overall works better as a body. This will be the one I print. 



No comments:

Post a Comment