Tuesday 26 November 2013

Brief 1- Primary Research


Next 





I took a trip to next and looked at the photo frames in person, this was a good thing to do, I have have realised that they have the same house style though out, and that the pattern or photo matches the frame. The tones of the photo's complement the frame well. 

House of Fraser 



Here is a display of photo frames in House of Fraser, they are all different sizes but use the same backing, they were really dull, boring and un inspiring, just telling you the size and make. The boringness of the back paper seems to put me off the frame. 




 Some more dull backings of photo frames that don't match the frame at all, but I can sort of under stand from a companies point of view that it would be a lot of effort to design a backing for each photo frame, just for ease and to keep the company brand recognisable they just put a dull one in. The colours are dull, but I think this is a good thing as if they were overally bright they would draw the attention away front the frame. 

Marks and Spencers 


A backing paper I found in Marks and Spencer's, I wasn't quite sure what to think off it, I don't quite understand why a picture of vases is relevant, the colour works well and it is a good photo, I'm just not sure why vases are relevant. I do like the text layout tho, centring it and using the logo and two other fonts, but they all compliment each other well. 





Marks and Spencer's use the same simple, boring house style which I don't think is effective at all. It's informative and clear and doesn't draw your eye away from the frame, but I just think it just needs something more, maybe more colour, an illustration or an image. 


Urban Outfitters 






Urban Outfitters definitely had the best backing frames, they tick all the boxes. They suit the target audience well, they match the frame that they are in and display all the relevant information. They are all very eye catching and I feel this makes you want to buy the frames more, they are bright and colourful but it doesn't draw your eye away from the actual frame because they compliment it. The only down side to these is that there isn't any use of photography even though it is a photo frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment