Friday 1 November 2013

Brief 3- Typeface Final Crit

The crit was again useful and I got some great feedback. They liked the look of the typeface but found it didn't really represent Harry well until I explained it in more detail. There are many elements that make up this typeface, for example the grids around each letter is an indication into his favourite Graphic Designer Josef Muller Brockman that focused a lot on grid systems, the reason behind having the Futura font in italics is to show that he has a laid back personality, so it makes the letters look quite relaxed. The letters are only shaded in and not fully blocked in is because one of Harry's biggest fear is not living life to the full. One of the biggest criticism I got from the crit is that there is too many concepts in one typeface, and maybe it would of been better is I just went with one. However the reason I did this is because I wanted to show different elements of Harry as a person. Also I got criticised for the fact that it look cartoon/ like bricks, personally I can't see these characteristics but I find it interesting of what other people can interpret things as. 
Overall I haven't enjoyed this project very much, I found it hard to get information about peoples personality and put those characteristics in a letterform, on the other hand I have enjoyed the challenge and feel like I have learnt a lot for future projects, and if I had more time I think I would of set up my own crit to get feedback before the final crit, this is something I will be doing in the future as I think I will find this beneficial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment