Sunday 3 November 2013

Brief 5: Message and Delivery: Research & Delivery

For studio brief 5 I need to create 3 posters that are of high impact, they need to deliver a personal identified message that is from my research. 
I need to have a opinion and a focus when I design.
The 3 posters need to work as a set, one must solely be on type, the second only image and the third a combination of image and type. Also I am restricted to only using 2 colours plus stock. 




Here are a couple of posters that I just found in the flat that have those mandatory requirements. The top one works well as it is in a simple font and uses very bold colours to catch the audiences attention. I like how it is printed on a different coloured stock. I love the illustration on the Annie Mac one, it works well with the font and cartoon feel, the boarder works well also. 


For my posters I am going to keep it with the Facebook theme and use the dark blue Facebook uses with white, and maybe black, but i just want to keep it to the two colours. Above is a print screen of Facebook's home page, showing that they make the world communicate. Also I am going to use the font Facebook uses for it's logo being 'Tahoma'. 

I want my posters to include facts and have my own personal opinion about Facebook, which is 'Who cares?'
I think the typography one is going to be easiest, I just want to keep it simple and clean. For the picture ones I am going to look into info graphics. 


Above is some info graphics I found on http://designspiration.net a useful website I use to look at graphic design to get inspiration, I think they work well as a set, the colours work well, however I think they would need to be printed on a large scale as they are very busy posters. 


This is one of my favourite info graphics as it is so simple, I also love the retro feel it has, the background almost looks like it could of been done in a print room. 


Here are some minimal pixar posters, you can instantly recognise which film is which by simple features from the films and the colours used. The text on the posters are so small but I like that I think it ties in with the minimal feel.  







Here are a few images I found online of Facebook info graphics. They use only the Facebook colours as they don't need any other colours. The facts are quite shocking and just proves how much time we waste on Facebook. I like the bottom one how they've made it look like a mobile with the notifications. I think I want to make my posters a lot more simple than this tho. 






No comments:

Post a Comment