Friday 22 November 2013

Screen Printing Induction

Today I had a screen printing induction, this is something I am particularly interested in, and I will hopefully use a lot in the future. 

We learnt the techniques, the health and safety of it and the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is: 

  • Respirators
  • Gloves
  • Aprons
  • Lab coats
  • Goggles
  • Safety glasses
  • Ear defenders
  • Overshoes
Screen printing seems like a much more complex thing to do than I originally thought, and it seems to be a longer process as well. 




As a group we chose two colours that would work together, we went for yellow and black, I think they work well as a colour combination. I love the way the colours have blended on top of each other, something that it hard to achieve digitally. The hand rendered feel is something I love, hopefully I can perfect this technique in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment