Thursday 24 October 2013

Brief 3- Choosing a font for Harry


I've began to gradually research into harry further and the key components that will help me choose a font to develop. 



From the main questionnaire and other questions I asked I printed off some useful images that lets me gain an insight of what sort of person he is and also what sort of design he likes personally. I drew out a mind map that shows what I found interesting about Harry. I looked into Scandinavian design, his favourite band kraftwork which he loves the design of the artwork, the berlin skyline as he loves the architecture and its his favourite city. Also I got him to write his make out in upper and lower case to see what his handwriting is like, as maybe this could influence my chose in font. 


I found it interesting of what other peoples handwriting looks like and how they are all very different and individual, so I then got Harry to write out the whole alphabet in upper and lowercase to see what his full range is like. Again I then looked at some more images that I think would influence my chose, then from all the research that i gathered my initial thought was to go for Helvetica but i didn't want to go for something so boring, so I looked into the adobe font folio. 


I went through the full adobe font folio and chose out ones that would be suitable, I found a really good one that I loved called 'Prestige Elite' unfortunately it was a serif but Harry said that he prefered a san-serif font, so after further looking in the book I came across a font called 'Letter Gothic Std Medium' this is a very light and simple font which I found perfect for Harry's style.  


This font is perfect for Harry as it simple yet effective, much like alot of the design that he's into, although i much prefer the font in uppercase. 



Here are some very quick manipulations I have made to the font, I have tried to make the top one more laid back as he is a very laid back individual and the second one I have tried to make the stems of the letters longer as he enjoys looking at architecture, and the tallness of the letters at different heights could represent the buildings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment