Tuesday 8 October 2013

The Anatomy of Type


I learnt a lot of new things in the anatomy of type seminar, I found it very interesting learning about all the technical terms of typography. Theres alot more to type than I thought, its not just some pretty letters.


Here i got down a few notes in the seminar, but unfortunately I couldn't make much sence of them because I needed a digram of somesort to help me understand, 



I found this book called 'the geometry of type' very useful while trying to learn all the technical terms of type, I didn't realise how much was involved and how many different components there are within each letter. 


As a quick exercise in class we had to change a letter we were given, we traced over the letter and changed it from a serif to a sans-serif and vice verser. I found this useful to learn about the details of the letters, and to understand the technical terms abit more. 


I wanted to look into my font further and understand the atomy of type better as I feel I will be using it a lot in the future. Making this really helped my understanding as I had to look at the letters individually. 


No comments:

Post a Comment