Monday 7 October 2013

Design that influences me



Here are some designs that influence me in someway, they are all very different and all design in very their own unique way, I love the use of different material to manipulate their designs. 




Here is a piece by Kate Moross a very illustrative graphic designer based in London. Her achievements include a nationwide billboard campaign for Cadburys and a signature clothing range for Topshop. I particularly like this poster for the use of colour, it is very in your face and sort of has an 80's feel. The use of black on the background makes the colour seem even brighter. Also her work feautes a lot of geometric lines and shape, which are simple yet very effective, used a lot within graphic design. 



This is a piece by Rob Ryan that cuts out designs using a small craft knife, making cards, posters ect. I love his designs especially the one above as it's so positive. He spends days drawing these designs out and carefully hand cutting them out, the detailing is incredible. His use of block colour makes things stand out more, I admire his work because of his attention to detail. 



This is one of my favourite posters, I love it because its not one of your typical digital posters. It is by a designer called Dominique Falla, I admire her use of materials how the idea is so different from everyone else's. She creates these using foam board and pins, with meters and meters of cotton all in different shades for effect. 




This is an artist called Yulia Broskaya another paper craft artist, again I love the detail in her work and I admire her patients. She has worked with big companies such as cadburys to make adverts out of the ordinary. I think her work is really inspirational as its not just a digital copy of something it is hand made with care. 



This was done by an artist called Gail Armstrong a paper craft creative advertiser and professional children's illustrator. Again I love how its hand done using paper I admire the time, effort and patients gone into her work. I love how its 3D with paper, I think it has a great effect and stands out when advertising. The colours are so bold, eye catching and playful it works well as a advert for an American store as it is very in your face, but i like that about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment